Prospect Hill Bed and Breakfast Inn is many things to many guests—a romantic getaway, a place to get married or celebrate, delightful, relaxing lodging for business folks while in Mountain City TN in the far northeast corner of the state. Others like the activities in Boone and Blowing Rock, NC, but don’t like staying “right in the middle of it.” Guest reviews say our rooms are perfect.
Things to To . . . Or Not Do
Sleep well. Wake up slowly and enjoy a leisurely breakfast–not too gourmet and not too simple–with made from scratch foods and good conversation. Then head out to enjoy a wide range of activities.
Choose hiking, biking, golf nearby or a car ride to see the beauty of the rural landscape in our corner of the world. Or read a book, give the front porch rocking chairs a whirl or go back to bed.
Enjoy your in-room fireplace (in season) and relaxing modern bath (many with whirlpool tubs). Located minutes north of Boone, NC, in the heart of the Tennessee mountains—a perfectly wonderful vacation getaway bed and breakfast.
Professionally-activated fireworks July 4 in Mountain City. View from the inns front porch (cottage guests, too). Free snacks. No parking hassles or crowds. A fun evening included with your stay. Pick your guest room now.
Upcoming live performance Heritage Hall events: LINK to website/calendar
- Room pricing listed through our online booking link offers built-in discounts for stays “tonight” and “tomorrow night.” Book there for best pricing.
- The Gamekeeper Restaurant (modern mountain cuisine), outside of Boone, NC, is celebrating 15 years in business. Since we are celebrating 16 years (this year) we are bringing you a special $15 GK Bucks certificate good for food and beverage at the restaurant. Check out their Gamekeeper website link and let us know if you are headed there so we can send “the bucks” with you. Open Wed.-Sunday 5 pm; dinner starting at 6 pm. Reservations are a good idea on weekends.
Bed and Breakfast reviews indicate Prospect Hill B&B Inn guests treasure their peaceful night’s sleep. Enjoy our truly comfortable beds and guest rooms so spacious and meticulously soundproofed it seems like the entire mansion is your romantic B&B getaway. At this time of year the fireplaces in every guest rooms and the whirlpool tubs for two in the romance level rooms are most welcome. The bubble bath and candles we provide make them perfect
- All-private baths. Whirlpool tubs for soaking away tight muscles. Bubble bath, candles and comfortable robes included to set the mood. Over-sized showers.
- Kick back – fireplaces in every guest room. Take a bubble bath—relax
- No smoking indoors per state law
- More amenities, history, services & info and architecture with this link.
- Guest refrigerator for your personal snacks (communal)
- Truly, this is the place to “corner the heart of the mountains.” It will corner YOUR heart! —Say our guests
- The road less traveled: With some of the Southeastern U.S.’s most spectacular rural landscapes and mountain vistas, tallest peaks, exciting motorcycle routes, rugged hiking trails, and exciting fly and Watauga Lake fishing, the back roads promise the experience of almost-forgotten rural America. Don’t expect a crowd of “tourists in flip flops” around these parts!
- Experience history in a Civil War veteran’s country mansion re-imagined as a quiet retreat for your bed & breakfast romantic getaway, while visiting family or on business.
Welcome Old House Lovers:
Antique houses are our passion! We enjoy making them work like new ones with the “patina” of an old one. We’re experienced old-house renovators who enjoyed the challenge of bringing the 1889 mansion into the 21st Century. (A close match to mansion styles in the late 1990s! Amazing.) This house has several kinds of historic stained and colored glass, handmade moldings and site-formed bricks. The “new” (2000) roof matches the metal shingle one from 1889.
After you see the sites, ride the bikes or fish the lake empty, enjoy the front porch rockers with a three-state view. For those who like it new—you’ll enjoy the best of an historic house’s style with none of the old-house inconveniences! Our decorating is eclectic—not fussy. You’ll find clean lines, refined themes and modern fixtures, baths,heat/air, technology. For those who have an interest, we’d love to tell you HOW we did it, our secrets methods for making smooth walls (without a whole lot of mess or cost) as well as chronicle the many changes we made to our historic home. Guests often find that we can help with thorny projects on their own homes. (Sorry, just advice!)