Prospect Hill Bed and Breakfast is one of Mountain City’s hidden gems; a picturesque historical mansion perched on a small hill in the heart of the town. Built in 1889, the mansion has remained in pristine condition with all the original woodwork and stained glass windows that lend the space a grandeur that is not found in many modern homes. From the moment you walk in the heavy handcrafted wooden front door into the main foyer, you are enveloped in a calming atmosphere of an timelessly beautiful home. High ceilings, sweeping archways, and dark wooden floors are accompanied by eclectic antique furniture and fixtures to provide a cozy yet decadent experience.
The mystery of the 6,000 square foot house will bring out your adventurous inner child as you discover the hidden porches, the room with the spiral staircase, or the private courtyard surrounded by a lush garden and outbuildings.
Is this your weekend off? Spend it being refreshed.
Sleep well. Wake up slowly and enjoy a leisurely breakfast–not too gourmet and not too simple–with made from scratch foods and good conversation. Then head out to enjoy a wide range of activities.
Choose hiking, biking, golf nearby or a car ride to see the beauty of the rural landscape in our corner of the world. Or read a book, give the front porch rocking chairs a whirl or go back to bed.
Enjoy your in-room fireplace (in season) and relaxing modern bath (many with whirlpool tubs). Located minutes north of Boone, NC, in the heart of the Tennessee mountains—a perfectly wonderful vacation getaway bed and breakfast.
- Let our summer drone outing show you the inn in a whole new way: CLICK HERE
Bed and Breakfast reviews indicate Prospect Hill B&B Inn guests treasure their peaceful night’s sleep. Enjoy our truly comfortable beds and guest rooms so spacious and meticulously soundproofed it seems like the entire mansion is your romantic B&B getaway. Fireplaces in every guest room and the whirlpool tubs for two in the romance level rooms are most welcome. The bubble bath and candles we provide make them perfect
- All-private baths. Whirlpool tubs for soaking away tight muscles. Bubble bath, candles and comfortable robes included to set the mood. Over-sized showers.
- Kick back – fireplaces in every guest room. Take a bubble bath—relax
- No smoking indoors per state law
- More amenities, history, services & info and architecture with this link.
- Guest refrigerator for your personal snacks (communal)
- Truly, this is the place to “corner the heart of the mountains.” It will corner YOUR heart! —Say our guests
- The road less traveled: With some of the Southeastern U.S.’s most spectacular rural landscapes and mountain vistas, tallest peaks, exciting motorcycle routes, rugged hiking trails, and exciting fly and Watauga Lake fishing, the back roads promise the experience of almost-forgotten rural America.
- Experience history in a Civil War veteran’s country mansion re-imagined as a quiet retreat for your bed & breakfast romantic getaway, while visiting family or on business.
Welcome Old House Lovers:
The inn was developed by experienced old-house renovators who enjoyed the challenge of bringing the 1889 mansion into the 21st Century. This house has several kinds of historic stained and colored glass, handmade moldings and site-formed bricks. The “new” (2000) roof matches the metal shingle one from 1889.
After you see the sites, ride the bikes or fish the lake empty, enjoy the front porch rockers with a three-state view. For those who like it new—you’ll enjoy the best of an historic house’s style with none of the old-house inconveniences! Our decorating is eclectic—not fussy. You’ll find clean lines, refined themes and modern fixtures, baths,heat/air, technology. Carefully and lovingly remodeled to preserve the elegance of the original building. This is a home where you can relax and enjoy the comforts after your busy or not so busy day. google-site-verification: google54c51606bbe578c4.html