Tributary on Main – 118 W. Main St. Mountain City. 423-727-4150 Walk to this relaxed gem with seafood, Italian and chef specials. Larger dining room, booths, private dining room. Gourmet salad bar. Catering available. Open daily except Sunday dinner, Wednesday dinner and all day Mondays. Generally child friendly. Casual atmosphere with white table cloth food.
Suba’s Restaurant - Hwy. 421 south, Mountain City, 423-727-5657. Open Wed.-Sat. and Sunday lunch. Closed between Christmas and Valentine’s Day. Known for Luanne’s fluffy desserts and massive menu choices. Reservations recommended based on smaller dining rooms size; tables only. Appropriate for very quiet children only.
Joy Bistro (formerly The Bistro) of Boone – Hwy. 421 near the Boone Toyota. Exceptional food and service. Modern cuisine – rates innkeepers’ thumbs up along with restaurants listed above). Reservations a must (except mid-week sometimes). 115 New Market Centre, Boone, NC 28607 828.265.0500
Alcohol sales limited to beer stores in nearby Johnson County, TN, and Redtail Golf Resort (subject to availability). BYOB potential at some eating establishments. Alcohol consumption allowed at the inn. Wine glasses provided in all guest rooms. Ice, ice buckets, openers available from the innkeepers. Please ask.
Featuring Locally-sourced Foods:
Casa Rustica – family owned, opened in 1981, Boone’s Authentic Italian restaurant offering traditional family recipes that include only the freshest, local ingredients. homemade Italian dishes, certified Angus beef, local fish and fresh vegetables. 1348 Hwy. 105 Ext. (south of 321), Boone, NC, 828-406-7085.
Hob Knob Farm Cafe - Our farm is located in a fertile valley on the banks of the Watauga River. We grow fruits, vegetables, herbs & spices for our cafe in Boone the Hob Nob Farm Cafe in downtown, Boone. 506 West King St. Boone, NC 28607 828-262-5000 – cafe
The Gamekeeper Restaurant - features “modern mountain cuisine.” Fresh locally-grown produce, farm raised meats and game, and ever-changing fish specials prepared over a hickory wood-fired grill. Worth the drive off the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Blowing Rock, 3005 Shulls Mill Rd.,Boone, NC 28607 | 828-963-7400.
Other food choices
- Teammates Pizza – downtown Mountain City. New York style by people who know. No delivery. Main stream salad bar.
- Pizza Plus –delivers. Also see Quincey’s Pizza (downtown Damascus, VA). Children welcome.
- Poblamos – Ask for “real Mexican” and you’ll get it! Children welcome; artful, colorful painted booths
- Monsoon Thai – Hwy. 67 west toward Butler. Authentic. No late hours. Closed Sundays.
- The Soda Fountain – old tyme juke box, ice cream sundaes, malts and floats. Plan to spend time; this is not a fast food joint. Closed Sundays and part of Wednesday.
- Mike’s BBQ – A good combo of eastern pulled smoked pork and western sweet wet sauce. Picnic table or eat in your car.
- Captain’s Table on Watauga Lake, Hampton, TN) – great sunsets, steaks and seafood (seasonal). Quieter children. Full bar with lake and sunset view.
- La Cucina – Butler, Thurs.-Sat. 11-7. Italian. Good reviews. Reserve a seat.
- Duffy’s “Amish” Store with a deli counter in Mountain City. Specialty cheeses. South Church Street.
- Hardees, McDonald’s, Subway, Burger King. China Buffet, Japanese take out (next to Food Lion), deli counters in Food Lion and Food Country, 100 East Main St., Mountain City.
Other food/Damascus, VA:
- In the Country (casual home cooking), Cowboys (in the convenience store- casual/home style), Whistle Pig (casual). All are exceedingly child friendly.
- Blue Blaze Cafe. New this summer. You tell us about it!
- Quincey’s Pizza.
Seasonal means generally closed late fall to spring; ask inn for details. some restaurants have websites.