- Check in/Check out: Check in is generally 3-6 p.m. or by arrangement. Please tell the innkeeper your realistic estimated time of arrival. Sometimes early check in (1 pm and later) is possible. Please do not ask for early check in then not use it. Extremely early check in (before 1 pm) carries a cost. Rooms are readied for a standard 3 pm check in (lacking other information) and may not be ready earlier if you just turn up. Late check in is easy and not a problem – just let us know or call from the road when you are delayed. Talk to us (before 11 pm)
- Inn is entirely non-smoking indoors per state law . Smoking is permitted on outdoor patios and porches only (with consideration for other guests).
- Pets at the inn – No house pets; service animals only.
- Children – Quiet and well-behaved is assumed in the inn. Fee charged for third person in the room age 12 and up. Rooms 1,2,3,and 5 will fit a twin bed and a total of 3 persons. Room 4 will NOT fit a 3rd person.
- Minimum stays: A two-day minimum stay may be required during a few times, including weekends in October.
- Cancellation: A standard (non-holiday, non-special event weekend or group stay) carries a 7-day cancellation period with longer periods assigned for busy periods. You will be notified when you book. Foul weather allowance only when county schools are closed or state declares an emergency. Hwy. 67 is extremely well-maintained.If you must cancel, please do so as soon as you know your plans have changed. This gives the innkeeper time to re-rent your room. Cancellation MUST be made by phoning the inn before 10 a.m. on the cancellation date. Email is unreliable and cannot be used for late cancellations.
- Cancellation protection – Not really sure of your plans? It’s best to wait until your plans are firm OR consider TRIP INSURANCE. The inn is not responsible for guests changes in plans.
Check in/out, Payments
- Check in is generally 3-6 p.m. or by arrangement.
- Check out is by 11 a.m. or by arrangement. Very late check out at an added fee (when available).
- Payment: Credit cards Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diners Card, or cash is expected at check-in at the inn
- To secure a reservation: A credit card or payment by money order is required to hold a reservation. Pre-payment may be required for large groups or long stays.
- Coupons/certificates must be declared during the reservation process. One certificate or discount per stay, please. See added coupon/gift card info below.
- Taxes: Tennessee state sales tax is 8.5%. Hotel/motel tax in Mountain City is 5%. (Total 13.5%) Taxes are in addition to quoted room rate. Products sold by the inn carry an 8.5% sales tax.
- Business traveler cancellations: We work with our weekday business travelers on this issue, expecting earliest possible notification if your plans change.
- Business travel rates: We have corporate and state/federal per diem rates for one person per room traveling Sundays through Thursdays only. Spouses/partners traveling with workers may stay for a fee of $30 /night plus lodging taxes, which includes breakfast. Coupons not applicable.
- Corporate groups and long-term stays: Please call the innkeepers with your needs for a custom quote and assessment of availability.
- NASCAR event weekends (March and August). Our rental policies are specific to those event dates. All NASCAR rooms have a 3-day minimum, a 60 day cancellation period, deposit and prepayment requirements. Please refer to our NASCAR page for all details.
Gift Certificates — Buy One From the Inn
We offer gift certificates either for a specific room for a specific date OR for an amount to be used for any room or the cottage. Please phone us to set up a certificate which is right for your recipient. We’ll customize the wording on your certificate as well. Most are turned into pdfs and emailed to you for printing on the paper of your choice. (Works great last minute, too.) Rule of thumb: A weekend stay ranges from $250 to $410, including tax. Dinner certificates for a local restaurant and other “goodies” may also be included, priced from about $20 to $60. See our reservations area for a complete list of items and prices. LINK
Gift Certificates, Gift Cards and Coupons —Redemption
- Please mention that you are holding a gift certificate, coupon or gift card when you call to make a reservation or when you reserve online. You should have the exact origin and certificate number, if any, of the coupon ready to tell the innkeeper when the reservation is made (or note in your online reservation on second page where the credit card info is typed in).
- Gift Certificates: We sell and accept our own gift certificates and gift certificates issued by certain online directories.
- We accept several coupon programs as well as issuing our own.
- Bed and Breakfast.com gift cards –We accept one card per stay. To do so, we need both numbers ( certificate and order number) at the time your reservation is made, either over the phone or placed in the “preferences/notes” area of the online reservation. B&B.com gift cards are redeemed by the innkeeper when the reservation is made.
- IF you cancel (outside the cancellation period) a $20 fee plus handling will be charged for restoring funds to your card.
- During peak seasons use of outside gift coupons and certificates may be limited to stays Sunday-Thursday only.
- At all times – ONE coupon or certificate per stay. Please phone ahead. Please be aware such certificates must be held by you more than 7 days before they are active and can be redeemed.
- Two for one coupons – Buy One/Get One coupons – For the programs in which we participate, we accept 2/1 coupons Sunday through Thursday, sometimes for Thursday-Friday and never on Saturdays unless part of a three-day stay. They are not accepted during prime periods in October or for wedding rentals.
- Limits to use: We reserve the right to limit use of these materials to certain rooms and in some cases, at certain times of the week or month(s) and to limit the use of any special payment coupon or price reduction to ONE item per stay. Two/one coupons may be used for only ONE room per coupon. Room 3 is NOT included in any discount or 2/1 programs but may be purchased with gift certificates and gift cards.
- Refunds (in lieu of use) – Concerning certificates issued by this inn only: Refunds will be made only to the original purchaser’s credit card, minus $25 handling and processing fee. Certificates issued by us/ the inn are transferable; please ask for the certificate to be reissued in the new person’s name. Charity coupons have no cash value and are not refundable. They are transferable. Tell us the certificate number when making the reservation.
- Expirations – Gift certificates with a cash value are good for five years, per federal law. Discount coupons and charity certificates have stated, often short, expiration dates. Gift certificates with actual cash value are generally transferable so if you can’t use it, give it to someone who might enjoy a stay at a B&B.