Five large, private, romantic guest rooms with unique private baths await your visit. The innkeepers have thought of “evertyhing” to make your stay outstanding…. relaxing…. refreshing and enjoyable. Rooms feature king or queen beds, soft robes, and candles, views, privacy and wonderful breakfasts.
- Stay in our large country house in a small town, a short drive north of Boone, NC, and south of Damascus, VA.
- Outdoor activities, entertainment and scenery abound nearby–Virgina Creeper Trail, Appalachian Trail, Watauga Lake, Doe Mountain Destination
- Each guest room is large and individually decorated to complement the room’s tall windows.
- Amenities: All have fireplaces, central heat/air (individual controls), cable TV, robes, candles, snacks and free wireless.
- ATV trailer parking onsite, easy turn around
- “Romance rooms” have whirlpool tubs for two. (Candles and bubble bath provided)
- Breakfast is included along with “always available” coffee/tea/hot chocolate. The inn has a guest-use refrigerator, too.
- Prices: Room prices range from $109-$179. Higher during NASCAR. Minimum stays on a few select weekends.
Full house rentals: All five rooms may be rented as a full-house rental, usually for a weekend. Weddings, religious outreach groups, business getaways, and educational training groups have all found the inn a good fit. They made use of the on-site meeting room with free set up services. And they placed their guests in the inn’s five guest rooms plus the (optional) inn-owned three bedroom/2 bath cottage. Some discounts available for stays of at least 3 days. Weekend rental required for larger destination weddings.
For families and groups:
Consider renting the freestanding 3-bedroom/2-bath house –A Cottage in the Woods. This house is located 7 miles away from the inn (north of Mountain City). This cottage is child- and dog-friendly. Property is fully furnished, including linens and dishware, utensials, pans. Meals are NOT included in the price. SEE IT.
- Three bedrooms sleeping a total of 7 persons
- Kids and dogs welcome – property is not “childproofed.”
- Fully furnished with linens and kitchenware
- Full size, fully-equipped kitchen
- Outside picnic area
- DISH TV, no wifi. Cell service is very good.
- “Kids’ Room” with 2 twin beds. Outside–lots of forest to explore, wildlife to see
- A first floor bedroom just 4 steps up from the yard
- Located on 30 acres adjoining Iron Mountain
- 7 miles to Damascus, Va/Virginia Creeper Trail
- 7 miles to Mountain City, TN
- Bristol Motor Speedway: less than 40 miles
- Gas log stove in living room
Price includes cleaning if left in reasonable state.
- Trailer and camper parking with cottage rental
- Cottage price (standard) – $149/night, minimum two nights. NASCAR weekends: $325-$395/night with breakfast at the inn.