This large room plus adjacent smaller one on the first floor was once the family gathering room, a Victorian bathing room, a family breakfast room and a pool room (not all at the same time!)
Today, its 11-foot ceilings and arched-top red Victorian flash glass windows decorate this large, airy, easy-access “romance” room.
Waking up in this room is very special because of the play of sunlight through the historic red and blue windows. Two wing chairs are perfect for quiet reading. Relax in the generous-size whirlpool tub (yes, it fits two!) with a view of a second gas log fireplace. Both rooms have original hearths,and mantles. The bathroom has its original knee-high wainscoting. Modern central heat, ceiling fan and summer air conditioning–this room is especially cool in summer.
- King bed, new contemporary headboard and gentle colors and a pale blue ceiling
- Large whirlpool tub, quilt pattern tile surround, rain shower head
- Two gas log fireplaces, including one in the bathroom
- Private entrance/porch with porch swing
- Flat screen TV with premium cable channels, CD player with ipod/mp3 dock, candles, comfy robes, snacks and bubble bath.
- Historic glass in bedroom and bath
- Price range: $159-$179 (NASCAR weekends: to $230)
First floor (mobility challenged by stairs/not fully handicap accessible). Can be equipped with a bath transfer seat, handheld shower wand and toilet seat with grab bars. (These are added soplease reserve ahead.)
New color scheme : A new color scheme was recently chosen for this room with a neutral wall color paired with white trim. Very sophisticated but relaxing at the same time. Yes, we were brave enough to paint the ceilings pale blue like a clear sky above. The colors complement a new duvet featuring a bird print. Why not? The song birds seem to really enjoy sitting right outside the screened door! The bath paint colors picked up pale blues and greens to complement the stunning blue stained glass above the bathroom window.
This room is large, convenient to dining room and heart of the inn. The porch swing just outside the private entrance door is a great place to hang out. Wifi reaches throughout the inn. New flat screen television allows accessory hook ups.