This room is romantic but not too “girlie”with its loveseat suitable for reading or snuggling and fresh green walls with a wallpaper border featuring herbs.
The queen-size bed fits easily in this large room with its own realistic electric fireplace (hypoallergenic) and heart-pine original mantle. In The Garden Room is so large a twin bed may be added for a third person OR second person using the twin bed. (Please ask ahead for twin, fee for third person over age 12 and spouses accompanying business travelers receiving midweek special rates).
- Comfortable queen bed with bronze frame
- Hypoallergenic fireplace
- Large shower (no tub) with massaging shower head and foot rest for ladies to shave their legs (or leprechauns needing a soap dish)
- Space for optional twin bed
- Ceiling fan, central heat/air with individual controls
- Candles, wine glasses, snacks
- Television with cable, wireless, clock radio
- Upstairs location at top of grand staircase–about 15 feet from the upstairs porch (public)
- Spacious and quiet–the HVAC system is silent in this room
- Large room with a small price
We named the room In the Garden because the private bath is wallpapered in a flower and picket fence theme paper below the chair rail and new raspberry wallpaper above. This cozy bath’s large shower stall and vanity were custom designed and includes a massaging shower head. Pricing reflects the smaller bath with large shower (no tub). It is Innkeeper Judy’s favorite room!
This room is often chosen for business travelers can can be outfitted with a desk/table. Our wireless connection is free for all guests.
“We still talk about the hospitality and the beauty of your home! I just wanted you to know that your
Oatmeal Brown Sugar Pancakes have become sort of legendary in our family!
~ PattyB., Virginia
Price range: $109-$119 (NASCAR weekends: $199) Mid-week business and government rates available for individual travelers; call the inn for details. Fee charged for spouse accompanying business traveler.