There are motels in my town and there are B&Bs in my region. Most don’t equal our inn’s feel of a wonderful weekend home where you are visiting friends and enjoying your stay. If you are traveling for business, why not have your work-week needs met while you enjoy a truly lovely, comfortable home away?
Celebrate your special moments and enjoy your vacation time with refreshing mountain air, large, luxurious yet affordable guest rooms and tasty breakfasts. Scenic country roads lead to your next mountain getaway— conveniently between Boone – Blowing Rock, NC, and Damascus – Abingdon VA. Northeast Tennessee is where you will find us, in aptly-named Mountain City.
Our five all-private rooms have fireplaces, king/queen beds, many with whirlpool tubs, Take in delightful mountain views. Wake up to birds, fresh air and tasty breakfast. Go to bed with fireflies, star-studded skies.
Guest rooms with private baths: $99-$179. (More during special event weekends.)
Inside, every room was designed for enjoyment, function and privacy–many with whirlpool tubs. All have a fireplace (use in season). Three have whirlpool tubs.
Comfortable mattresses and decor artfully combine the eclectic and contemporary, leaning toward traditional styles. Second floor rooms have a queen bed.; Room 1 (first floor) has a king.
Free bubbles ( bubble bath), candles and quiet time. Choice of rooms with whirlpool tubs, antique tub/modern shower or shower with pulsing shower head.
Enjoy a meal–or two or three–you didn’t have to cook or plan. We make “killer” breakfasts and we’ll suggest great places to dine out for dinner.
How about uninterrupted movies, TV shows; time to read a book or snuggle. (TVs, many with VCR/DVD players, in every room.)
Sleep in for a change or take early coffee on the porch.
Nearby: neighboring businesses provide massages, horseback riding. and golf (regular and frisbee).
Breathe in lots of fresh mountain air and views. Hike in the woods, bike, horseback ride nearby. Enjoy creeks and mountain tops where it is cool and restful. We are near the Appalachian Trail and the Virginia Creeper (biking) Trail.
We designed every room for your enjoyment, easy of use and privacy
- “Romance Rooms” with whirlpool tubs; others have modern showers. Antique claw-footed tub (Room 5 only)
- Hearty breakfast (no extra charge); breakfast in the room (fee)
- It’s on us—Bubble bath, candles and snuggly robes for your use while visiting
- In-room snacks (free) and bedside chocolates
- Coffee, teas and hot chocolate available at all times in the dining room. Guest refrigerator available.
- Thoughtful concierge service provided by the innkeepers (from hiking trails to restaurant suggestions.)
- Large, architecturally interesting, quiet rooms with TVs, CD/clock radios, some with DVD/VCR players
- Central heat, fireplaces, ceiling fans, air conditioning in all guest rooms.
- Memorable mountain views and scenic drives nearby—from Grandfather Mountain to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Romantic vacation packages and all-inclusive elopements
- Free wireless internet