Business, friends, weddings, funerals and local activities are all reasons to visit Mountain City, TN. Here’s our list of lodging and things to do:
- Business and work – The Johnson County Courthouse is 6 blocks from the inn. School system offices are 1/2 mile in the “old high school,” hospital is 2 miles on Hwy. 421, several factories are approx 3-5 miles. Inn has free wifi (in rooms), private baths, in-room TVs with cable, accepts state/federal per diem rates Sunday-Thursdays, tax-exempt stays with state paperwork. Flexible business arrival/cancellation policies.
- Visit friends – Dine out at Tributary Restaurant and Catering (118 W. Main St.) , or at Suba’s (South Shady St.) , Monsoon Thai (Hwy.67) restaurants
- Visits to relatives and in-laws – quiet guest rooms at Prospect Hill B&B Inn make stays more enjoyable. Inn also has a 3 bedroom/2 bath house in Shingletown (off Hwy. 91 on way to VA)
- Weddings, funerals, reunions Inn has a wedding garden and banquet room suitable for gatherings. This is a new-construction, nicely decorated space with many extras. Fee required.
- Special events - Sunflower Festival, July 4 parade and evening fireworks, Christmas Parade, Scarecrows on Main (early Oct.), Cranberry Festival (Shady Valley), car shows, craft show (Dec.), rodeo, talent show, student performances, Community Theater productions LINK to complete Mountain City/Butler, TN events calendar
- Heritage Hall Theatre live performances all year round. Located in the “old high school” auditorium, North Church Street.
- Golf at Redtail Mountain Resort Spectacular slopes and mountain views, especially the back nine.
- Ride the Striped Snake (road – Hwy. 421, Mountain City to Bristol, TN via Shady Valley) Lots of curves; motorcyclists and sports car lovers love it.
- Day outings, shopping dining – gifts and florals, florist: Shaybrey, downtown Mountain City – antique stores and others.
- Fishing and boating, streams and Watauga Lake: Boating on Watauga Lake – Fish Springs Marina, Hampton and Lakeshore Marina, both rent pontoon and ski boats.
- Lodging: Prospect Hill Bed and Breakfast Inn, just down the street from downtown, located in the “old Rambo House.” See the inn’s five guest rooms at “rooms” 423-727-0139 Make a reservation