We are NOT simply renting you a room and a garden. with the hope it all works out…. We help you plan and enjoy your beautiful day from start to finish with as little or or much participation as your prefer.
Our garden fits 150 for an outdoor wedding. Our party room seats up to 75. We provide many items others may rent for a fee: This includes our tables, chairs, linens, china, glassware, vases, candle stands, gazebo (up to 60 guest-units). We strive for cost-effective events which fulfill your dreams.
Full weekend event: $2750 plus tax for two-day weekend weddings with 5 guest rooms rented for two nights. Food and flowers additional. October weekends slightly higher. See main wedding package page for smaller weddings.
One-day events: Depends on the type event. Please read our main wedding package page to find the best type for you. LINK
Two-day weekends are best. Why? We recommend full weekend rentals because this allows enough time for full enjoyment, family time and less rushing (when Saturday check-in is 3 pm).
Please call Judy Hotchkiss, planner, for details. 423-727-0139
Friends assist in the ceremony, music, cake cutting, moving chairs and people around, making toasts and even making videos. This is where friends and relatives are perfect — helping out a bit and most certainly enjoying the day.
The “Wizard” (aka innkeeper) is behind the scenes where you will also find the florist making the bouquets, caterer prepping your appetizers and cooking off dishes for your celebration. Innkeeper Judy makes sure the inn facility, along with all items provided by vendors, is party-ready. She may also serve as the day-of wedding planner, making sure your wedding day moves at an agreeable pace, achieving a seamless and beautiful wedding day. You may also hire your own day-of wedding coordinator, allowing Judy to exclusively coordinate the facility and vendors (cater,florist, musicians, etc.).
How We Work
- Innkeeper Judy, as point person, works with brides to integrate their personal touches and schedule friend and family involvement at a reasonable level and on a timetable which insures success (and no stress) for everyone involved
- We may decline events which are not the right size (too large) for the space.
- We prefer the use of qualified professional service providers, especially for larger events.
- To maintain the quality of this facility, we do not rent “just the room” without oversight by our onsite planner.
- A full weekend inn/facility rental is generally required and included in the base fee. One-day full scale weddings are available off season (winter and early spring), Sundays and midweek. October is considered high season and is offered at a higher base fee.
- Our happy brides will tell you weddings at Prospect Hill are wonderful. We invite you to phone Judy for a discussion of your own special day.
Dimensions & Sizes of Space
Party room - Built especially for weddings with views, the main area is 25 x 34 feet, one rom with native walnut window trim, warm mellow yellow walls, tall vaulted ceilings and matching earth-tone tile floors. A 10-foot wide bay window is ideal for seating the wedding couple for use during wedding ceremonies. It has extra flood lights to accentuate the ceremony without appearing in the pictures. Bank of windows overlooks the Wedding Garden and Rainbow Mountain. Built with special lighting and heat/cool systems.
Garden - Garden with mountain views or surrounded by plantings will seat 200. Chair rentals required.
Indoor seating/seated meal — Best number is 50-65 persons seated for dinner in party room. A buffet, DJ, other items reduces the capacity. Buffet may be placed on patio. NO groups over 70 seated indoors.
Standing parties - Up to 100 for cocktail parties; adjacent outdoor patio is useful. Available: Large paved area where a tent as large as 40×120 feet may be placed a short distance from the Garden and main party room (Capacity up to 200). Parking in all cases uses the adjoining property (paved lots holding at least 100 cars).
Outdoor Gazebo - Approximately 10×10 feet painted a deep dark color. It may be moved around the garden and placed to suit you.
Service Amenities – Public restrooms, kitchen for the cater to set up in, tent site, parking attendant, numerous small items usually rented are available (such as china for 60). Foyer/gallery (often used as service and staging area). Easy access to guest rooms. Parking available. Handicap accessible party site.