Band of wed ideas

Marriage Licenses

To get married at the inn you will need a Tennessee marriage license (about $110 paid to the county clerk in person) and one witness (the innkeeper) purchased no more than 30 days in advance. A license  from any Tennessee county may be used.  There is no waiting/no blood test. An out-of-state license cannot be used. A license from ANY Tennessee county clerk’s office may be used. Licenses may be bought up to 30 days in advance of your ceremony.

Inn is located in Johnson County (TN) . The Courthouse nearby is at 222 West Main St., Mountain City, TN, just five blocks from the inn.   (423-727-9633) The office is open Monday-Friday 8:30-5 and Saturday 8:30-noon and may be closed on holidays.    Most Tennessee courthouses are NOT open on Saturdays.  A photo ID is necessary. Bring your divorce papers if your case was recent.

OfficiantsMarriage licenses are easy to purchase in Tennessee

The inn has a retired Methodist minister on call who performs either a standard Christian ceremony or one of you own making (working with her).  The county mayor or judge is also available for non-religious ceremonies (more advance notice is required as he is a hard-working/busy full time mayor.) The area does not have magistrates. Mail order, non-ordained officiants are not accepted as the primary officiant by Tennessee law. The innkeeper can help you work out your ceremony.