Mountain-view Wedding Garden and a party room to fit your needs.
- Our well-priced wedding package prices are perfect for . . . Smaller weddings, elopements, receptions, large garden-only weddings.
- With natural views, your wedding will have a sense of intimacy as well being in the outdoors.
- Rustic/rural or sophisticated bling– our garden and party room deliver.
- Free planning and many rental items at no charge (about $400-$450 value) The Prospect Hill’s innkeepers are here to help, match your budget and your dreams.
Non-wedding gatherings such as….
- Anniversary and birthday parties | Family gatherings and reunions | Showers, reunions, club banquets | Budget conscious rates. | Honeymoons | Lodging for Guests/Family
Prices (arranged by size/number guests)
- Introduction — Package pricing is generally based on the size/scope of the event–the number of people attending, including all in the bridal party. Pets are welcome (and NOT included in the head count!) Please use the tabs above to read outlines of our packages. Call Judy Hotchkiss, innkeeper, to discuss your specific needs. 423-727-0139. … $500 deposit and credit card on file is required to “hold the date.
Eloping in the mountains.
Eloping in the mountains A wedding for just your two: Guest room in the inn of your choice for two nights, bridal bouquet and boutonniere, heart-shaped cake & punch, minister’s fee paid, photography by the innkeeper, choice of locations on the inn’s grounds. Follow up with dinner at a local fine-dining restaurant if you like. Relax. Let us make your day wonderful and hassle-free.
$750 plus tax bride and groom only
Intimate Inclusive Mountain Wedding (with all items in Elopement Package)
- Everything you need for your hassle-free intimate wedding with cake/punch (or BYO champagne) reception
- Ceremony, minister’s fee, bridal bouquet and boutonniere
- Bridal “suite” for 2 persons/2 nights including a whirlpool tub, fireplace, breakfast for two.
- Up to 10 persons present, including bride and groom
- $850 plus sales tax.
- Have a couple more guests? Add $20/person.
- Add $100 if “everyone” decides to stay in the cottage for 2 nights, including the bride and groom. (Cottage is child and pet friendly.) Or, rent the cottage separately while the bridal couple stays at the inn.
For small weddings with receptions (food other than cake/punch) see the “small wedding tab.”
Daytime Small Wedding (up to 35 attending)
Small weddings take the pressure off. IF your circle of friends and close family is smaller or you prefer the serenity of having only your very closest people present for your ceremony and reception, this is the package for you. The innkeeper/planner will assist you in planning, setting up and executing your special day so you are free to enjoy it.
$725 plus tax for up to 35 adults attending (up to 3 children under age 5 will be free)
- Enjoy your wedding with family and close friends
- This is a “1-day, daytime wedding” package.
- 1 hour optional rehearsal time on Friday (starting between 5 & 7 pm the previous day)
- Included: Four hours use of The Wedding Garden with gazebo, chairs, mountain view for ceremony OR bay window of the Party Room (in case of unsuitable weather) followed by reception in the Party Room or Wedding Garden followed by reception in the Party Room or Garden
- Inn will set up what they provide. In addition, allowance for two hours set up time/use before the wedding.
- Total use time 6 hours.
- 2 Restrooms included; Wedding Garden, Reception Room, adjacent Gallery included. Historic part of inn NOT included.
- Ceremony location of your choice with choice of several mountain backdrops.
- Gazebo decorations included from our available decorations
- Choice of CD music for your ceremony and time afterward (Standard bridal tunes or BYO CD or iPod) May choose to have first dance together, if you wish.
- Included in package from the inn’s supply (not all sizes, colors available): Tables, chairs, table linens, colorful runners (6 colors), gazebo topper (useful on sunny days). You may also rent these items from regional vendors if our designs don’t match your style
- Plates, forks, glassware and napkins
- Use of our toasting flutes, if desired, for your BYO champagne or wine
- Photography – Inn provides photos it takes of the event on a CD. IF a professional photographer is used, inn’s CD will be mailed 3 weeks after the ceremony. Some shots will be posted online within hours.
- $35 service charge for set up/handling any food which is not cooked/delivered/set up by a licensed caterer
- Party must be fully finished and gone home by 5 pm ….Exception: When you rent the entire inn
- Sorry, one-day rental not available Saturdays of three-day holiday weekends (except MLK Day) unless all guest rooms are rented for 2 nights each.
$50/hour penalty for events which go past finish time
Add all-day Friday (9 a.m. to 5 pm) room set up and unlimited rehearsal time: Add $200 plus tax
Add Friday seated rehearsal dinner – room use: (Tables, linens, china, etc.): Use, set up and cleaning: $350 plus tax
Guest Rooms Option
A weekend guest room rental is available to bridal couples
Whole-house rental is also available: Five guests rooms/whole house rental (two nights)
Two-day minimums apply for October weekends and holiday weekend except MLK, Easter, Mother’s, Fathers Day, July 4th.
Your destination weekend wedding…
in our beautiful wedding garden with a backdrop of the rustic outbuildings. Great mountain views. Gazebo, patio, parking areas, perennial flowers. Fully weatherized party room for the reception. Includes the Wedding Garden and Banquet Room, Patio, restrooms and kitchen for catering service, free use of “rental items” such as tables, chairs, standard linens, wedding planner’s help if you like.
Wedding with 36-60 persons present
Wedding garden and banquet room plus 5 guest rooms for the weekend (2 nights) –
Package Price: ($2530 + tax)
October, first 3-4 weekends: $2850 (+ tax)
Suited for late-in-day weddings with evening receptions, no time restrictions. half day hour set up Fridays (day before ceremony) and rehearsal around 5 or 6 pm.
Package includes table linens, china, flatware, chairs/tables from our supply if desired
Package includes: innkeeper as wedding planner optional
Add use of party room for your rehearsal dinner: $250 plus tax plus food/decorations
(Exceptions to guest room rental requirement: Nov. 1 – April 30 only)
We Include Many Extras at No Cost!
Many wedding and reception venues come empty of furnishings so you must rent everything from tables to chairs (and sometimes the toilet)…ours includes… Our full-service packages (not the hourly ones) include tables, chairs, china, flatware, linens, some glassware, some vases, table runners, gazebo topper, candle stands (indoors).
If you like, the innkeeper will help you plan and execute your seamless, hassle-free wedding day, including making sure everyone gets down the aisle. For very small weddings, the innkeeper will also take photos for you. So, when you are comparing prices, don’t forget that you won’t be spending $10-$12/table and an equal amount for a table cloth, $2-$4/chair and about $3.50 per place setting for china and flatware. This free service is available for events up to 60 attendees.
For larger groups (or if you don’t like our chairs, linens, china or table shape), you will require some rentals items.
From out of town? No contacts? Our vendor list is an invaluable perk included with your rental.
- Wedding Here−Reception There: Enjoy the Inn’s custom-designed wedding garden with gazebo, rustic buildings as a backdrop, with perennial garden and mountain views — perfect for your ceremony and short cocktail party. Garden seats up to 175 easily (on rented chairs). Includes two indoor public restrooms; does not include dressing rooms.
Wedding only; reception elsewhere – $375 and up (about $10/guest) plus tax.
Included: 1.5 hours previous day for rehearsal
3 1/2 hours for ceremony and photos
Rooms for dressing/overnight additional and not included in this price.
Ideal for local brides with an at-home or off-site reception in mind.
Package includes: Wedding Garden for ceremony and photos only, up to 60 resin chairs, outdoor gazebo, two restrooms.
“Standing Room Only”
Our banquet room seats 60 on our chairs or up to 75 on rented chairs. So 61-175 persons is big for us. We offer weddings & receptions on site as follows:
Cocktail style reception (standing) in the banquet room with mountain views
OR use of paved tent site available adjacent to garden
Base Price: $1200-$1950 plus tax + $1600-$1800 for 5 guest rooms (2 nights/weekend)
Additional items not in base price:
Tent, tables, chairs, china, etc. required.
Staffing based on size of event
October: $1200-$2500 plus tax and rentals, staff plus $1700-$1800/5 guest rooms (2 nights/weekend)
Rehearsal Dinners, Bridesmaids’ Lunch, “Morning After” Breakfast
Our site is ideal for a dinner hosted by the groom’s family (seating up to about 60 in doors). Our banquet room strikes the perfect balance between dressed-up and casual without competing with the bride’s “main event” at the inn or elsewhere. And we’ll coordinate your color scheme with that of the wedding if you desire. For out of town mothers-of-the-groom we also do all the work to reduce stress at the start of your family’s special weekend. Priced at approx. $375 plus tax for set up, all “rentals” (china, linens, flatware, etc.) and planning/organization for groups up to 60 for 3 hours for a meal. Catering, flowers and beverages additional. Price varies if the event is more of a party, more guests, very small, goes into the later evening or includes after-dinner “activities.”
Pets welcome at weddings at Prospect Hill
Pets are always welcome and always at no charge in the Prospect Hill B&B Inn Wedding Garden, on the patio, in the Party Room, gallery and grounds. These areas are fully pet friendly for any size celebration. While pets may not lodge at the inn; they are welcome at our Cottage in the Woods which is 7 miles away. We are delighted when couples wish to have their pet present on their special day.
Unique & Scenic Ceremony Locations
A chapel, a hillside or a garden might not “do.” How about your ceremony floating in the middle of a lake? Near sunset is especially nice. Perfect for elopements or a group up to 6 persons (plus boat captain, minister & innkeeper/photographer-caterer). $800 plus tax for couples and $850 with friends (includes a two-night stay at the inn for the couple).
For “land lovers” a ceremony on the shoreline overlooking the lake (in the Cherokee National Forest)… Or ride ATVS to the top of Doe Mountain. Ask for details. (Equipment rentals additional.)
- LINK➤ Our vendors are the best!
Our local wedding planners group website: LINK to local experts.
Wedding & Events Availability Calendar:
- Some brides plan ahead; some don’t. This calendar lists dates already claimed by others. IF we have an Elopement for Two that day, we can do a second of the same size. For weddings with quite a few guests we do one wedding per weekend AND all guest rooms are rented to wedding-related guests. We can do several elopements in one day. More than one small wedding in a day? It depends on what the first bride to book schedules.
On NASCAR event weekends (3rd weekend in April and in August), our Wedding Garden and reception room are almost always available but our guest rooms are almost always booked to fans who spend the day at the track—perfect time for a local wedding (one not requiring guest rooms).
Dates to consider: Many of our clients come from warmer regions and would never consider a summer wedding. Here in the High Country (Appalachian Mountains) we never have days over 90 derees and an infrequent late summer day with rain or high humidity. July 4th usually requires a jacket while watching the free fireworks from the inn’s front lawn! Summer may be the perfect time for YOUR wedding in the mountains!
- Already rented: August 7-8, August 28-29 (large weddings). Open for a second elopement Aug. 15. Open Aug. 21-22 – available for Wedding Garden/Party room use only (no guest rooms available due to NASCAR guests having rented them.)
- We have open dates for smaller weddings, elopements. The weather is great in September!
- ☺ We have a few dates open, primarily for elopements. Oct. 2-3 and Oct. 15 are reserved.
- ☺ We have open dates.
- ☺ April 16 is rented.
- Already rented: June 10-11 (large).
☺ Many prime dates available
- ☺ We have open dates.
- Up-to-the-minute online rooms Calendar: ROOMS LINK
Your wedding/event needs to fit the facility. Sometimes the best fit may be using our view/garden for the wedding only (reception elsewhere) or adjusting the format.
- Wedding Garden seats up to 175 easily. Reception room seats up to 60 on our chairs/ to 70 on rented chairs.
- Larger guest list? Use our paved tent site (rental items will be required).
- Plan a cocktail/stand up-style party instead of a seated reception.
- Ask us about our Club House, Winery and Rustic Barn partners for more dining space.
Perfect venue for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and baby showers and post-wedding brunches in Mountain City TN, near Butler & Trade TN. Minutes from Boone, NC, −in a beautiful mountain garden setting.
Our Team of Great Vendors & Other Details
- We partner with a great group of tried and true wedding professionals. You may also bring in your own vendors if you so choose.
Vendor details page: MAKE IT EASY LINK➤
- Alcohol is permitted. You must purchase it and bring it to the inn. No charge for serving it. Rolling cooler, wine tubs, dispensers and punch bowls included as needed.