Our vendor-partners—florists, photographers, musicians
The suppliers and vendors you choose can make or break your wedding (and your sanity leading up to your special day.)
Unlike some properties, we allow you to bring in your own professional vendors and suppliers if you choose.
Having worked with our “team” for a number of wedding seasons we know we can count on them. See photos at bottom of this page.
Vendor Partners List
- Frugal Gourmet Catering Co., a division of Tributary Restaurant– Located on half mile from the inn in downtown Mountain City. A variety of catered menu items which far exceeds the restaurant’s offerings. Room suitable for rehearsal dinners. 423 220 7855 (cell/mobile office) 423-727-4150 (restaurant). Aleta Higgins, owner/catering manager.
- Chef-prepared Italian foods, full service catering and food trays/pans from Casa Rustica. and CR Catering.
- Shaybrey (silk) florals of Mountain City, TN. Set ups, decorating,wreaths, gazebo finishing touches 423-727-4739
- Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery — Vilas, NC – field grown, organic, locally sourced, splendid cut flowers (three seasons). 828-297-4098 Susan Wright and Brent Cochran. Numerous photos and ideas on their websites. Gardens featured in a blog about a wedding elsewhere LINK Email for a “bridal survey” for pricing and scheduling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Country Wedding Planners local vendors group page
- Rev. Maggie Owens-Yates, county mayor and others – may be booked through the inn or bring your own ordained officiant. (Scheduled by inn.)
- Emily Angle Family and Friends Photography LINK (828) 263-8850
- Kingston-Deel Photography – Greg and Lisa Deel 423-426-1766 GDeel01@comcast.net Deell01mom@gmail.com
- Photography by Kristy Cranford, 423-727-2679 email@example.com
ACES wedding planner group vendor list: The ACES group has many highly talented and artistic wedding photographers and videographers. We always recommend you contract with a photographer as quickly as you can (for best selection and pricing choices). Suggested: Ellen Gwin and Katy Langley
- Billy Gambill – DJ – Gambill Entertainment – DJ Services 423-291-1818
- Kim France Musicians and friends, bluegrass, classic and other types of music. Inn will refer you. EMAIL HER
- Cakes by Innkeeper Judy as well as Stick Boy, Boone, NC. (828) 268-9900 Cupcakes by Food Country/Mountain City, TN 423-727-8112 ( daily before 3 pm for bakery dept.)
- Uptown Hair, Mountain City, TN 423-727-9521.
- Professional wedding vendors, planners, organizers , wedding coordinators, hair and make up specialists are members of ACES Beauty-Hair
- Lodging: Prospect Hill has five guest rooms—perfect for a destination wedding weekend. The inn also owns a cottage rental and has a list of other suitable rentals nearby. Referrals available.
See slide shows on our Wedding Picture Gallery page.
This, That & Vendors
- Best of both worlds: Ceremony at the inn; reception elsewhere: We suggest a mountain view wedding ceremony in the inn garden with large reception 3-12 miles away. Our party room serves as a back-up “chapel” and will seat 100-150 “church style” as needed.
- Reception sites: We partner with a resort (indoor seating to just under 200), a rustic barn (semi-outdoor covered seating to 150), and a winery (indoor seating to 100 with a room for dancing and “band stand.”
- Our floral vendors can provide unique table set ups such as wishing trees, candelabra, classic columns, chair covers and chair bows, candy jars, potted plants, display arrangements.
- Food (catering), cake makers, bartender
- Photography/videography – All incidental photos made by innkeeper will be provided on a disk and may be used for inn publicity (such as the photos now on this site).
- Musicians and DJ available – Or use the inn’s CD player/ipod connection.
- Additional lodging (breakfast at inn may be included): Rent our Cottage in the Woods (7 miles away – which sleeps 6-7).